Holistic Happiness with Essential Oils
September 13, 2019
Today it is so hard to find people who are truly authentically happy. Most of the time, people look for happiness in all the wrong things like relationships, money, and material things. Often, when people can’t find happiness, they tend to turn to unhealthy behaviors to cope with their lack of happiness. As an advocate for holistic wellness, I want to share some information with you that will help you discover Happiness by taking a holistic approach.
What is Holistic Health?
Holistic health is an approach that is rooted in the belief that all aspects of life, such as the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional parts, are all connected and play a collective role in our health and wellbeing. Therefore, if you have all said areas in alignment, supporting one another and functioning exactly how they should be, they should all fit together like puzzle pieces. When you can achieve such alignment, it is the belief that you will experience optimal health.
What is Holistic Happiness?
Happiness comes from inside of you and you can either create it or deter it. Likewise, Holistic happiness requires that all aspects of life, the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional parts, are in alignment and working together to achieve said happiness.
What causes Unhappiness?
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Stress- physical, mental, or emotional
- Worrying about things you can’t control
- Dwelling on negative emotions
- Financial frustrations
- Living by other people’s standards
- Destructive Behaviors
- Negative Self-Talk
- Illness/physical discomfort
- Not living out your life’s purpose
- Not being authentic and living your truth
On the flip side, if you can:
- Remain hopeful that all things are possible
- Stop stressing over things you can’t control and only deal with things that you can control
- Work on acceptance
- Find healthy coping skills
- Have more positive self-talk and self-promoting thoughts
- Shake the spirit of fear and build your confidence
- Get creative with building financial wealth
- Take better care of yourself
- Find your purpose and set your own life standards
- Incorporate healthy habits in your lifestyle and
- Be true to yourself…
…Then, I would say you’re on the right path to experiencing an inner happiness that will show on your outer self.
We create Happiness by tending to all four aspect of life: physical health, mental health, spiritual health and emotional health. Here is a break down of techniques for each area:
Physically- John Hopkins Medicine states that we can exercise or increase physical activity, eat better, drink more water, take dietary supplements and herbs, practice yoga and other types of physical therapy, increase physical touch such as massage and even dance and listen to music.
Mentally- we can also practice yoga, meditation and prayer, positive self-talk or affirmations, learning new things, reading, and expanding your state of consciousness.
Spiritually- Meditation and prayer, yoga, chakra cleansing, looking for a deeper meaning to life, self-expression, traveling, have faith and perform works in your faith, thinking positive and practicing forgiveness and going within yourself and exploring your core asking questions like, “Who am I?”, “What’s my purpose?” and “What do I value most?”
Emotionally- manage stress in a healthy way, find hobbies, therapy, yoga, seek balance, set goals, prioritize and manage schedules, have a productive focus, make time for yourself, practice acceptance and forgiveness, have a support system, self-expression, and have a good sense of optimism.
What are essential oils and how can they help us achieve Holistic Happiness?
I am a distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, so I use them in my everyday life. Young Living states, “Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts obtained by careful steam distillation, cold pressing or resin tapping. These pure essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they are extracted. For thousands of years, essential oils have been used to enhance lives as beauty aids, dietary supplements, and to support spiritual and religious practices.”
They can be used aromatically, topically or dietary to support emotions, the mind, body and spirit. Each oil has its own medicinal properties. Here is a list of oils for each area and the properties of each:
- Lemon- supports the immune/nervous system, also an anti-depressant
- Lavender- calming and good for skin health
- Chamomile- stress relief, increases sleep, and good for skin health
- Peppermint- aids digestion, headache relief, promotes rejuvenation
- Frankincense- stress reduction, good for cuts and insect bites
- Tea Tree- fungal infections, smelly feet, dandruff and itchiness
- Eucalyptus- Natural lozenge, nasal passages and chest congestion/sinuses, immunity boosting and antibacterial (Globalessence.com)
- Blue Tansy- Calms mind, helps with psychological disorders and eases tension and anxiety
- Clary Sage- mental fatigue, eases nervous tendencies, relaxes and renews spirit
- Sandalwood- quiets the mind, eases the spirit and slows everything down (Zhounutrition.net, 2019).
- Frankincense- Spiritual clarity and uplifting
- Cedarwood- spiritual grounding and removes blockages from aura
- Rosemary- enlightenment and cleansing
- Ylang Ylang- Gratitude
- Peppermint- Cleansing and purification
- Purification- Cleansing
- Lavender- Spiritual awakening, balancing and meditation
- Patchouli- removal of negative energies and spiritual grounding
- Bergamot- uplifting and emotional stability
- Ylang- anger management
- Cedarwood- Anxiety
- Cypress or Jasmine- Confidence
- Lavender or Grapefruit or Geranium- depression
- Patchouli or Peppermint or Basil- good for burnout
- Frankincense or Roman Chamomile- fear and grounding
Once you get in the habit of positively conditioning, nurturing and supporting all aspect of your life- your physical, mental, spiritual and emotional wellbeing- in a healthy way, you will start to experience holistic happiness. All these suggested practices combined with incorporating the use of essential oils will help you to cultivate a state of bliss within yourself so you can experience happiness in your life.
I hope you find this information useful. This is my way of spreading light in the world and giving hope to others.
Johns Hopkins Medicine. Types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/types-of-complementary-and-alternative-medicine
Zhounutrition.com. 5 Essential Oils that Help Promote Mental Wellness: https://www.zhounutrition.com/blogs/the-greatness-files/5-essential-oils-that-help-promote-mental-wellness
Globalessence.com. 6 Best Essential Oils to Improve Your Health: https://globalessence.com/6-best-essential-oils-improve-health/
Holistic Approach to Happiness: https://youtu.be/9-ftwR2ZdHI
How to find Happiness: https://youtu.be/VmbIFdVKMvk
Essential Oils for Releasing Emotions: https://youtu.be/vEnNkQJZRFI
Mental Health: Essential Oils & Anxiety: https://youtu.be/D1rs_rewZ6M
Spirituality & Essential Oils: https://youtu.be/UCjCiiXD4xI